One of the best ways to meet fellow paddlers is to start attending your local clubs time trials. This usually happens in the evening from Tuesday to Thursday and the distances range from 7 to 10km. But dont worry if you cannot do the distance yet. The time trial is run in laps and you can always stop when you have had enough.
It is the best place to hear about upcoming races, events and generally to get advice from the more experienced members.
If you are not able to make it to the time trial perhaps you can make it to one of the social series for example
- 4th – Singles Series 2 – Race 4
- 11th – Singles Series 2 – Race 5
- 18th – Singles Series 2 – Race 6
- 25th – Doubles Series 2 – Race 1
- 3rd – Doubles Series 2 – Race 2
- 10th – Doubles Series 2 – Race 3
- 17th – Doubles Series 2 – Race 4
- 24th – Doubles Series 2 – Race 5
Seadog Paddle Series #NeverCancelled
This race is never cancelled so even if it is completely blown out there WILL be paddlers gathering on Fish Hoek Beach every Friday night at 6pm sharp in the summer months. Paddled over a standard 6 lap course come and race your mates and watch some of the worlds best in action.